TOM, the home thermometer, tells you, simply and clearly, whether the house is warm enough. It displays the temperature in figures and in simple text form: OK, GOOD, COOL or COLD and flashes it a warning if the temperature is dangerously low. When family and friends call, they can help by asking, "How's TOM?" It's a fun and effective way to remember to heat your house and help keep protect older adults from the harmful effects of cold.
Cold can be particularly dangerous, especially when combined with pre-existing health conditions or reduced mobility. Every year hundreds of thousands of older people are admitted to hospital suffering from cold related illness. Thousands die from its effects.
Rising energy costs mean many people can't afford to turn up the heat, whilst others simply do not realise how cold their houses are getting. TOM helps you keep the house at a safe temperature by warning you when temperatures dip. A snowflake symbol is displayed and a blue light flashes when it gets too cold.
TOM is particularly suitable for dementia sufferers who may find numbers difficult to interpret and prefer the text display.
- Room temperature monitor works to warn older adults of potentially harmfully low temperatures in the home
- Provides humorous conversation opener: "How's Tom?" - allows family and friends to draw attention to the temperature
- Large, clear LCD display shows temperature in bold text: OK, GOOD, COOL or COLD
- Flashes blue LED backlight when COLD
- Displays snowflake icon when COLD
- Includes information about how to protect yourself from the cold
- Suitable for dementia sufferers
- Durable ABS plastic case
- Low power 2 x AA batteries (not supplied)
- Supplied in presentation case