Caring for your relative at home?
As a full time carer, try as you might, you can't be everywhere at once! If the person you care for were to fall in the night or while you were out of earshot precious minutes would be lost. This package covers just about every eventuality. It comprises a Carer Pager, a touch operated Pendant, a Bed Occupancy Sensor Strip and a Door Sensor. They work together to ensure that, in an emergency, the carer can respond in seconds.
The Pendant Alarm can be worn as a necklace, a bracelet or on a handy clip. When pressed it sends a message, via the Base Unit next to your phone, to the Pager. The Pager vibrates, flashes and rings to attract attention. There's a large, colour display that even shows the location of the pendant-wearer.
The Bed Occupancy Sensor Strip is a paper-thin pad that fixes on top of the mattress with adhesive pads. It detects the closeness of the user and does not rely on pressure, so it's ultra reliable. If the user gets up in the night, it alerts the carer by sending a signal to the Pager. This is ideal for people who need help getting to the toilet in the night, dementia sufferers or those who are prone to falls. The Bed Occupancy Sensor can be adjusted according to the level of care required. It can be set to go off only at certain times or only if the user doesn't return to bed after a specified period of time. It's also useful in indicating whether or not a person has gone to bed or got up at their usual time, as this might suggest that they are unwell and need to be looked in on. It's completely comfortable to use, 100% waterproof, easy to clean and it can be cut to size.
The Door Sensor detects when a door has been opened and alerts the carer via the pager. It's ideal for dementia sufferers for whom it may be dangerous to leave the house unattended. There are two plastic sensors and a control box. When the contact between the sensors is broken, an alert is created. It may also be fitted to windows or cupboard doors as required.
If you choose, the Base Unit can also be connected to the Eldercare Control Centre so, should the carer be unable to respond to a pendant signal or a bed sensor alert, a message will be sent through to Eldercare's trained and experienced staff. They'll talk to you directly via the two-way Base Unit next to your phone, find out what the trouble is and either call a friend or relative or, if necessary, contact the emergency services. They'll stay on the line to offer reassurance until they're sure you're safe. If you can't speak back for any reason, there's no need to worry, they'll make sure that help is on its way.
An Eldercare engineer will visit, at a time of your convenience, to install the Pager and Pendant Alarm system. They'll give a full demonstration and answer any questions you may have. They can also help fill out the registration form if you would like them to. The Eldercare registration form asks for the contact details of any friends or relatives who are happy to help in an emergency, plus any Key Safe details that may help the emergency services get to you more easily. You will be asked to provide some basic health information so that, when you get in touch, the Control Centre will know the types of health problems you may be experiencing and the sort of help you will need. You can rest assured that any information you provide will be held securely and treated confidentially.
Once installed the pendant alarm couldn't be easier to look after. You won't even have to change the batteries. When they start to run low you will automatically be sent a new pendant.
The Carer Pager with Pendant, Bed Occupancy and Door Sensors and Eldercare Centre Care is available for an initial 12 month rental period, after which time Eldercare will contact you to discuss your requirements.
- Pendant activated Carer Pager, Bed Occupancy Sensor Strip, Door Sensors with option to include Eldercare Centre Care (please select from the drop down box)
- Includes Carer Pager, Pendant Alarm, Bed Occupancy Sensor, Door Sensors and Control Unit
- Pendant Alarm - one press sends a signal to the carer's pager
- If carer cannot respond, the call is transferred to Eldercare's Control Centre, if selected at registration
- Pager features a large, colour screen displaying the location of the pendant
- Pager vibrates, flashes and emits a choice of tones via a loud speaker
- 3 volume levels plus a silent and vibrate only choice
- Pager works within 75 metres (246 feet) of the Control Unit
- Suitable for use with more than one pendant if required
- Stores dates, times and locations of last 32 alarm activations
- Battery life: 3-5 days on a single charge
- Batteries and charger included
- Pager dimensions: (HxWxD): 9.4cm x 4.5cm x 1.8cm (3¾" x 1¾" x ¾")
- Pager weight: 60g (2.1oz)
- Bed Occupancy Strip includes dielectric sensor, cable, adhesive pads and universal transmitter box (2 x AAA batteries included)
- Paper-thin strip sits on top of mattress - comfortable to use
- Works via a radio transmitter for improved reliability
- Easy to fit - just cut to size
- Sensor is 100% waterproof and easy to clean
- Door Sensor alerts carer and/or Eldercare Control Centre when a door is opened
- Ideal for dementia sufferers
- Includes door alarm, door magnetic transmitter and 2 x AAA batteries
- Pendant may be worn as a necklace, wrist band or clip
- Shower-proof pendant
- Eldercare Pager, Pendant and Bed Occupancy Sensor Strip and Door Sensors can usually be dispatched within 24 hours of receipt of your registration form
- When your pendant indicates a low battery a replacement device will be sent to you
- Ideal when used in conjunction with a Key Safe
- Control Centre notified and battery back up activated in event of a power cut
- Most people who need a Carer Pager are eligible for VAT exemption on this item
- Full accreditation by Telecare Services Association (TSA)
- 99% of users are satisfied or very satisfied and would recommend Eldercare to others
- Installation and assisted registration by an Eldercare engineer is necessary
- Additional pendants are available on request
- This package is available for purchase without the Eldercare Centre Care option OR with Eldercare Centre Care for a 12 month rental period
- Following the 12 month contract payments are made by direct debit on a quarterly basis
Spring Chicken Review
Caring for your relative at home?
Even the most dedicated carer would find it difficult to be at your side 24/7 and you probably wouldn’t want them to be! The Carer Pager with Pendant Alarm, Bed Occupancy Sensor and Door Sensor is for all those occasions when you need help but there’s no one around. Should you fall in the garden, shower or anywhere out of earshot, you can get emergency help quickly. It also enables your carer to make the most of their time as it means that they can be busy in another room or getting some sleep safe in the knowledge that they can be contacted in an emergency. It produces an altogether calmer and more productive household.<p><p>Used alongside the Bed Occupancy Sensor this package helps make nighttime safer and less stressful. It can be set up in a number of ways depending on individual requirements. Not everyone needs to ask for assistance in getting to the bathroom so they may not press the pendant. However, if something should go wrong while the user is out of bed they may find themselves unable to press the pendant. This is where the Bed Occupancy Sensor comes into its own. If the user doesn’t return to bed within a set period of time the sensor will alert the carer. Alternatively the Bed Sensor can be set to alert the pager whenever the user gets up. It can indicate whether the user has gone to bed and got up at their usual time.<p><p>The Door or Window Sensor is a helpful safety device that’s ideal when caring for someone with dementia. People with dementia may become disorientated and leave the house alone or at night. Day or night, if the door opens a signal is sent to the pager. It can also be used on cupboard doors. Short-term memory issues and confusion over the time of day can often lead dementia sufferers to over-eat. Placed on the larder door, this sensor can help address this problem too.<p><p>To provide the ultimate all round care, you have the option to couple the Carer Pager, Pendant Alarm and Bed Occupancy and Door Sensors with access to Eldercare Response Care. This is ideal if the carer can’t be around all the time, or they may not always hear the pager. If no one answers the pager, the call will be transferred automatically to the Eldercare Control Centre. They’ll get in touch via the two-way loudspeaker unit next to the phone and call a friend, relative or the emergency services as required. This effective approach is ideal for busy families caring for their relatives at home.
Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)
|This product has no reviews yet.|